Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby K Will Be Here Soon!

We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and it appears that we may have a new bundle of joy visiting us very soon!

I'm about 37 1/2 weeks along...2.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  The doctor also stripped my membranes today as well, so we'll see if that gets things going even more.  The doctor really wants me to go into labor soon, since she doesn't want this baby getting much bigger!  We had an ultrasound last Wednesday and they guessed that Baby K is about 8 lbs. already; however, since I'm measuring at 43 weeks right now the doctor thinks the baby could be closer to 9 lbs.  Oh my gosh!!!!  I'm hoping that's not the case!

I told Patrick last night that I wouldn't be surprised if Baby K shows up in the next week, since I've been having a lot of cramping lately.  The doctor actually said that same thing today in the appointment!  So, we may be having a June baby rather than a July baby.  I would be definitely okay with that!  :)  We'll keep everyone posted as we progress.

Here's are a couple shots of me and Baby K taken yesterday and today:



Also, I was lucky enough to actually be able to spend Father's Day with my dad this year!  Caribou let Patrick use their season tickets (box seats in row 2!), so we invited my dad and brother-in-law, Tate, to come up to Minnesota for some golf and baseball on Father's Day.  Even better...the Twins won!  Here's a picture from the seats:


2 comments:

  1. Grandma Sue and Grandpa John are so excited that Baby K will be here soon!! Another bundle of joy to love and cherish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Yeah! for Baby K! and Mummy & Daddy of course :-)
    Mad Auntie Alison & Tipsy-sausage send love and hugs for a safe, speedy and super-fantastic arrival for the little K-ster!
    xox

    ReplyDelete