Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's been awhile...

Sorry for not posting for awhile! Here's some new information about the Karsnick household:
  • Kari started a new job on June 28th. I'm still working for Ameriprise Financial, just working in a different department. I used to work in the Internal Audit department...but moved onto a department called Client Web Interface Team. This a part of Ameriprise's service area, so we answer questions that clients/advisors have about all seven of our websites. I'm a manager in that department and have 24 people reporting to me. It's a very exciting new job and has been really busy so far!!!

  • Patrick just got a new job as well! He's going to be starting as the Director of Training for Caribou Coffee on July 19th. Patrick is really excited for this new challenge. And is also excited that his commute will be about 5 minutes now! Caribou has about 500 locations worldwide...check out the website http://www.cariboucoffee.com/.

  • Our little Sierra had her first birthday on June 14th. I made a doggy cake for her and Summit to enjoy. It had beef, bacon, and peanut butter (among some other ingredients). The dogs loved the cake! Here's a picture of my cake masterpiece:





  • On the weekend of June 25-27th Patrick and I took the dogs up to my grandparent's cabin in Northern Minnesota. They have a beautiful cabin on a lake in Akeley, MN. Patrick and I got some relaxation in and the dogs got some swimming in! Both Sierra and Summit LOVE the water. Here are some pictures of the us up at the cabin.



    Sierra swimming after a stick:


    Sierra enjoying the water:


    Summit:


    Summit loving a boat ride:


  • Over the 4th of July weekend, Patrick and I went to a Twin's game. It was a military appreciation day and they had the Navy Seals parachut into the stadium. It was awesome!





  • This weekend Patrick and I went down to visit my family in Iowa. We wanted to visit my sister, Amy, and her husband, Tate, who just had triplets! The babies were born on June 29th...two boys (Trey & Drake) and one girl (Reese). The babies are currently in the NICU but are doing well. Also, Patrick got some golfing in while we were down there. On Sunday Patrick, Tate, my Dad, and a friend played in a golf tournament. They tied for first! And Patrick got second in the longest drive contest. I'm so proud!!! I also got to play with my niece & goddaughter Avery (19 months old). She's adorable and so much fun to be around.

I'll make sure and update the blog more often! That way I won't have to write a marathon blog post. :) Patrick and I are planning a trip to Michigan soon. We're leaving on July 29th and staying until August 3rd. Then we'll be traveling along Michigan's Upper Peninsula over to my family's cabin and will be on vacation with my family until August 8th. I'll make sure and keep the blog updated throughout our travels & summer adventures.

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Nice update, Kari and Patrick! Didn't know that the doggies got a special birthday cake. That looks really yummy! Congrats to both of you on your new work positions! Great to see all of you last weekend!

    ReplyDelete