Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Favorite Time of Day

Now that we're almost 26 weeks along, I'm lucky enough to get to feel our little baby move each day.  My absolute favorite time of day is when I lay down for bed every night.  And...no, it's not because I'm so tired at the end of each day.  :)  I get to lay there and feel Baby K move around!  It's so much fun and makes me really anxious for when we get to meet this little one.  The baby gets in lots of kicks, twirls & punches in my belly.  It's especially fun to be able to see my belly move around too.  But sometimes it's also a little weird (I wonder if an alien is going to pop out of my stomach).  I absolutely love this and each day I look forward to getting to spend time with my baby.

Patrick and I also were able to actually see our baby last Friday!  We had another ultrasound to check the baby's growth and also to get a shot of the profile for the doctor.  In our 20 week ultrasound Baby K was being very stubborn and wouldn't let us get very many good pictures of the face.  Since the doctor wanted to make sure that everything in the structure of the baby's face looked good, she ordered another ultrasound.  Lucky us!  We got to see Baby K again!  We were about 25 weeks at the ultrasound on Friday and you could definitely see that the baby had grown a lot since the 20 week ultrasound.  Baby K looks like he/she is running out of room in there.  When they measured the baby, the size of the head was measuring about a week ahead of schedule.  The belly of the baby was quite a bit bigger though, measuring about 2 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule.  This might be a big baby!  Oh great.  :)  They also told us that Baby K is about 2 pounds right now and a very healthy baby.

When we were at the ultrasound we got to see some really great shots of the face & profile.  We also were able to see the baby's lips moving around.  The baby was also moving his/her hand too.  Patrick thought that the baby was waving at us.  :)  Once again, seeing this makes us really excited to meet the baby!  Here's a shot of the baby's profile (it may be a little difficult to see clearly).  We'll post another belly shot soon too!


3 comments:

  1. Love that Baby K is such a kicker, such a cool feeling:) That's awesome that you saw the little mouth moving, isn't it so surreal!? Can't wait to meet the little nugget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for Baby K!
    ...and Mummy & Daddy K too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet grandkid #7. That's a lucky number so we know Baby K will be very special!

    ReplyDelete